Sunday, September 30, 2012

Worst day of my life

Seven yrs ago on July 7th 2005 was the worst day of my life.I was at work, nothing was going right, i had a bunch a people call in on me, me being in management at the time put alot more work and stress on me. So i was having a bad morning that would later turn into the worst day of my life..Around 9:45 in the morning my neighbor come running in my work yelling at me that my house was on fire and that my son Richard was trapped inside. Took me a minute to get what she just said, i think i was in shock, she grabbed me and we took off running to her car. I could see the look of being terrified on her face, i could see in her eyes that it was bad. She didnt say nothing on our way to my house, we couldnt get to my street, it was blocked off by fire department, ambulances, coroner, the news channels..it was a nightmare. I jumped out and took off running to my house, the fire department men wouldnt let me inside the building. "I remember screaming "my baby is in there" and trying to fight them to get through. Its a horrible feeling knowing your child is in a burning house and you cant get to them. Several police officers grabbed me and walked me across the street, i sit there as if in a daze, wanting to be woke up from what i thought was a nightmare..watching my house on fire, knowing my 3yr old son was inside..my heart in my stomach. A woman police officer walked towards me, she looked sad, she looked as if she were going to cry, she didnt have to say what she was trying to bravely say to me, i knew my son was dead by the look on her face, and she was trying to be strong when telling me. I now can look back and imagine how hard it must be to tell someone their child is dead. She approached me and said "Is there someone i can call for you, your going to need someone here for you right now", i dropped to  my knees and started crying, feeling faint, feeling like i could throw up, praying this was all a bad dream..I passed out, next thing i remember is a priest holding my hand praying "As we walk through the shadows of the valley of death"... I was in the back of a ambulance with oxygen mask on me and through the little ambulance window i could still see smoke coming from my windows of my house..realizing now that this wasn't a dream. I lost my son..it was on the news for days, 3yr old boy perishes in fire, still hard to believe  it was my little boy. Still in a state of shock..i just seen him the morning i went to work, he told me he loved me and told me to have a nice day at work..he was a vibrate, smart, handsome, healthy boy..he wasn't suppose to die..he didn't get a chance to live his life. My sister took care of my sons funeral arrangements, i was so severely depressed i couldnt do it. The whole reason for me writing this is to explain my situation and to let mothers know tragedy happens..i was one that thought that it wouldnt happen to me, i was a loving, hard working, great mother and didn't deserve for my son to die but for some reason god called him home, cherish every minute of every day that you have to spend with your beautiful children, you never know when god will call them home.That's my Angel with me in picture above, taken 5 months before he died.

1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks for you, But I truly believe the lord has plans for you & your family, I don't know why bad things happen to us in life, But trust me I have been through so much in my life, And kissed death a few times, But I also was blessed with 3 girls and One foster son who has Adhd,
    I also was a foster parent of a boy who him and his brother where playing with a lighter and lit the couch on fire, Kevin was burned 90percent of his body, His little brother Teri who we took as a foster son for a year, Witnessed the whole thing. He went into depressed anger feelings, Kinda hard to explain to you, But he wrecked and cut up everything in site. I just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your family. And stay strong in your faith, And you are a great mom & a great blogger. I am a firm believer God put people in your path, Sometimes long term or sometimes short term. But there is always a reason you meet someone. Rather to help them or they help you, Stay strong my dear. xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete